- This event has passed.
Applications Open: The Chi Biz Strong Grants Program and Outdoor Dining Grants Program Informational Session
October 27, 2021 @ 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Applications Open: The Chi Biz Strong Grants Program and Outdoor Dining Grants Program
The $20M Chi Biz Strong Grant Program and $2M Outdoor Dining Grant Program helps promote an equitable recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic by providing critical financial relief to small businesses and nonprofits across the city in both the neighborhoods and the downtown area.
- Chi Biz Strong Grant Program: $5,000-$10,000 grants to small businesses and nonprofit organizations that have experienced lost revenue or increased costs due to COVID-19 to support business/nonprofit expenses
- Outdoor Dining Grant Program: $5,000 grants for small restaurants and bars to support the purchase of outdoor furniture, pandemic-related signage, and personal protective equipment
- Eligible organizations must have under $3M in revenue, and organizations that have not received prior government pandemic relief will be prioritized
- Applicants will be selected by criteria and lottery, how soon you submit your application will have no impact on your likelihood to receive an award, as long as it is submitted prior to the deadline
- Applications are open through Friday, November 12, 2021, at 11:59 PM.
The City of Chicago will host informational webinars to assist applicants in preparing for the application on:
- October 26 at 1:00 PM in English for For-Profit Businesses
- October 26 at 4:00 PM in English for Nonprofit Organizations
- October 27 at 10:00 AM in Spanish For-Profit Organizations
- October 27 at 12:00 PM in Spanish For Nonprofit Organizations
- October 28 at 10:00 AM in Mandarin for For-Profit/Nonprofit
Register for a webinar by clicking the above date of the webinar or by visiting chicago.gov/chibizstronggrant.com
To learn more and to apply, visit Chicago.gov/ChiBizStrongGrant.