MBDA Business Center – Missouri
The MBDA Business Center – Missouri is funded by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) and is operated by the Chicago Minority Supplier Development Council, Inc. (ChicagoMSDC) in collaboration with the Missouri Minority Business Council.
MBDA is an entrepreneurially focused and innovative organization committed to wealth creation in minority communities and the only federal agency dedicated to establishing and growing minority owned businesses in America.
Success in Service
To date, the MBDA Business Center – Missouri has assisted over 100 MBEs in obtaining over $100 Million in procurement and financial transactions and helped to create over 200 jobs.
The MBDA Business Center – Missouri seeks to develop alliances with local, state, and federal government agencies, major corporations, banks, financial resources and the minority business community to create larger, more strategic minority entrepreneurs.
MBDA CARES Act Funding
MBDA will support the minority business community with the deployment of federal funding under sections 1107 and 1108 of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, which was signed into law on March 27,2020. CARES Act resources will be used to support training and education as well as to focus on reporting the types of impacts COVID-19 has had on minority businesses and the recovery resources needed to survive.
For more information, please visit MBDA Coronavirus Program
Services offered by the MBDA Business Center-Missouri include:
- FINANCING – We evaluate and assist MBEs in pursuit of traditional debt financing, equity funding or alternative capital access resources. We serve as a liaison to financial institutions on behalf of MBEs seeking financial assistance and provide loan packaging and placement assistance for purchases, refinancing, lines of credit, factoring, and SBA lending.
- BONDING ASSISTANCE – We evaluate companies seeking to meet construction requirements and access our network to facilitate acceptable bonding for their projects.
- MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS – Companies facing mergers or acquisitions may benefit from the oversight of our M&A committee comprised of pre-qualified minority owned businesses and investor groups. It has been designed to initiate and support growth strategies for MBEs with specialized services and business opportunities.
- EDUCATION & TRAINING – Industry leaders conduct workshops and seminars designed to teach minority entrepreneurs how to take their businesses to the next level.
- NETWORKING – The MBDA Business Center – Chicago coordinates bid and outreach conferences for construction projects and organizes industry specific roundtables to promote MBE marketplace expansion to broaden their reach and grow their business.
- ADVOCACY – We promote the interests of MBEs to the public and private sectors.
- PROCUREMENT – We facilitate access to our member corporations and Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) to increase their contracting opportunities and diversify their supplier base. Most of America’s most successful MBEs are counted among NMSDC’s 16,000 minority owned businesses.