The Chicago Minority Supplier Development Council, Inc. (ChicagoMSDC) is a premier organization for increasing business opportunities between major buying organizations and minority-owned businesses.
To become a Certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), your business must meet all of the requirements. We maintain and uphold the national certification process and standards to ensure the integrity of each certification.
- Shelia C. Morgan, President and CEO
Both current and historical facts are considered in determining ownership qualifications and participation in the management and operations of the company.
All applicants must meet the following requirements to gain certification:
- Your business - is a for-profit enterprise.
- Your business - is physically located in the United States or its trust territories.
- Your business - is at least 51% ethnic minority owned. Ethnic minority owned is defined as any business having owner(s) belonging to the following minority groups: Black/African-American, Hispanic-American (e.g. Latin American, non-Spaniard), Native American, Asian and Pacific Islander American (Asian-Indian included).
- The minority/ethnic owner(s) - of the business are U.S. citizens.
- The minority/ethnic owner(s) - of the business must be active in management and daily business operations.