MBDA Business Center - Chicago
The MBDA Business Center - Chicago is funded by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) and is operated by the Chicago Minority Supplier Development Council, Inc. (ChicagoMSDC).
MBDA is an entrepreneurially focused and innovative organization committed to wealth creation in minority communities and the only federal agency dedicated to establishing and growing minority owned businesses in America.
Success in Service
To date, the MBDA Business Center - Chicago has assisted over 1200 MBEs in obtaining $2.5 billion in contracts, $800 million in financing and helped to create over 5,000 jobs. During 2013, the center assisted MBEs with over $360 Million in procurement and capital for MBEs which helped generate and retain over 5,000 jobs. Review our 2013 Performance Highlights for the State of Illinois, click here.
The MBDA Business Center - Chicago seeks to develop alliances with local, state, and federal government agencies, major corporations, banks, financial resources and the minority business community to create larger, more strategic minority entrepreneurs.
Services offered by the MBDA Business Center-Chicago include:
- FINANCING - We evaluate and assist MBEs in pursuit of traditional debt financing, equity funding or alternative capital access resources. We serve as a liaison to financial institutions on behalf of MBEs seeking financial assistance and provide loan packaging and placement assistance for purchases, refinancing, lines of credit, factoring, and SBA lending.
- BONDING ASSISTANCE - We evaluate companies seeking to meet construction requirements and access our network to facilitate acceptable bonding for their projects.
- MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS - Companies facing mergers or acquisitions may benefit from the oversight of our M&A committee comprised of pre-qualified minority owned businesses and investor groups. It has been designed to initiate and support growth strategies for MBEs with specialized services and business opportunities.
- EDUCATION & TRAINING - Industry leaders conduct workshops and seminars designed to teach minority entrepreneurs how to take their businesses to the next level.
- NETWORKING - The MBDA Business Center - Chicago coordinates bid and outreach conferences for construction projects and organizes industry specific roundtables to promote MBE marketplace expansion to broaden their reach and grow their business.
- ADVOCACY - We promote the interests of MBEs to the public and private sectors.
- PROCUREMENT - We facilitate access to our member corporations and Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) to increase their contracting opportunities and diversify their supplier base. Most of America's most successful MBEs are counted among NMSDC’s 16,000 minority owned businesses.
- ACCESS TO GOVWIN - Enjoy complimentary access to the largest source of government contracting information and analysis in the world! Over $200 billion in government spending goes to its members each year.
- More than $1.4 trillion in federal opportunities;
- More than $75 billion in state and local opportunities;
- In-depth profiles on 79 federal agencies, all 50 states, D.C., and 67,000 local governments;
- Find 1.7 million government contacts, including program managers, contracting officials and senior executives;
- Analysis on 490,000+ federal prime contractors and a directory of 824,000+ small businesses;
- Over $159 billion in federal task order spending on more than 171 top programs.
- EXPORT AND INTERNATIONAL TRADE ASSISTANCE - If you are interested in expanding globally, the Center can help you. We have a Pathways to Africa Initiative which purpose is to promote American Companies doing business in Africa. The center supports of the White House Doing Business in Africa Initiative. For details, click here.
- GLOBAL CREDIT - The MBDA Business Center - Chicago is an approved Ex-Im Bank Originating Global Credit Express Pilot Loan Program. To learn more about the Global Credit Express Pilot Loan Program, click here.
To get started, please Download the Application, complete the form and return to us.
To engage with the MBDA Business Center-Chicago, please contact:
Dave Thomas, Executive Director
E-mail Dave Thomas
Visit our website http://www.mbda.gov/businesscenters/chicago for more information.